Seeking quality 1080p+ IP camera for $150 or less

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mattj

Seeking quality 1080p+ IP camera for $150 or less

Post by mattj »

Can anyone recommend a good 1080p or better IP camera that has reasonably good night vision in the ballpark of $150/ea?

I have some GW brand analog cameras with fantastic night vision, so I picked up a GW 5MP IP camera hoping for the same but the night vision is less than impressive. Specifically the lighting is uneven, the image is not sharp and there is ghosting when the subject is moving. We have some ICRealtime cameras at work that have stellar night vision, but I believe they were nearly $500/ea. Is good night vision (good clarity) available at the $150 price point? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
camseverywhereyo

Re: Seeking quality 1080p+ IP camera for $150 or less

Post by camseverywhereyo »

I just placed an order for a Hikvision DS-2CD2135F:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01569 ... UTF8&psc=1.

If it works well I intend to pick up 6 more. I can give you more detailed feedback once I've put it through its paces. Bump this in 2 weeks or so to remind me...