Version conflict

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
nsedley

Version conflict

Post by nsedley »

A couple of years ago I tried installing Zoneminder but couldn't, so I gave up.

I subsequently discovered it was an issue with the PHP version I was using, so I re-installed PHP and tried again ...

I expunged any reference I could find to zoneminder and installed clean from the rpm packages (zoneminder, zoneminder-common & zoneminder-httpd).

Followed all the config instructions, but it fails with the following error when I try and start Zoneminder...
zmpkg[24122]: FAT [Version mismatch, system is version 1.28.1, database is 1.32.3, please run zmupdate.pl to update.]

When i run zmupdate.pl I get ...

Use of uninitialized value $Config{"ZM_DIR_EVENTS"} in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 81.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 81.
Too many arguments for ZoneMinder::Database::zmDbConnect at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 119, near "} )"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 158.

So the question is, where is it getting "version 1.28.1" from?

I am running CentOS 7.

Thanks

Neil
nsedley

Re: Version conflict

Post by nsedley »

All sorted.

Remember, when searching for all files related to ZoneMinder, search zm* zoneminder* AND ZoneMinder*

Yes, case matters, the old Perl modules were still there. Once deleted and installed fresh it worked.