Axis, Motion detection

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
scarygary

Axis, Motion detection

Post by scarygary »

I've got a setup consisting of about 15 Axis cameras and I just added two brand new 5MP AXIS M1137 Mk II Box Cameras. I can't for the life of me get motion detection working with these however.
Source type is set to ffmpeg, function modect. Reference image blend is set to 12.5%(outdoors) and alarm reference image blend to 6.25%.
The source path is rtsp://x.x.x.x/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&resolution=2592x1944&tcp&compression=0 and method TCP.
A setting that works just fine with an older AXIS M3104-LVE Dome(with a different resolution obviously). That one's indoors though, and these two new cameras are outdoors.
Single zone on both cameras and I've chosen the Best, High sensitivity preset.
What am I missing?
iconnor

Re: Axis, Motion detection

Post by iconnor »

With the higher resolutions, the default settings in zones are no good. All the minimums need to be < 0.10%. Seriously. Your best bet is to switch units to pixels and use values like 500 pixels for min blobs area, min alarm area, min filtered area
scarygary

Post by scarygary »

Thanks for the quick reply. I had to offload the motion detection to the cameras, since the added load of the last two cameras had the server begging for mercy.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Using ONVIF subscriptions? If so, great, havn't tried that with an Axis cam yet. Just Hikvision, Reolink and Amcrest.