Cannot switch monitor tabs in Chrome following update

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
MJN

Cannot switch monitor tabs in Chrome following update

Post by MJN »

This has all the makings of a terrible support request but I'll give it a shot just in case it's an obvious one to you all.

I have just updated my Ubuntu OS from 20.04 to 22.04 and in the process also updated Zoneminder from 1.34 to 1.36. Everything is generally working fine however I have a rather odd issue in Chrome (v127.0.6533.119) in that within a monitor configuration page I am unable to switch between the tabs e.g. with reference to the following screenshot:

As you can see the General tab contents appear fine but clicking on any of the other tabs doesn't result in a screen change (although the URL address bar does change). I can confirm, however, that it *does* work fine in Firefox. Indeed, it even works in Chrome under Incognito mode so clearly something with my main Chrome setup/configuration is blocking the screen state change. I have disabled my ad blocker, reset site permissions etc but to no avail. What have I missed?
iconnor

Re: Cannot switch monitor tabs in Chrome following update

Post by iconnor »

Check for javascript errors
MJN

Re: Cannot switch monitor tabs in Chrome following update

Post by MJN »

Aagh... it's working now! Apologies for the noise. I don't know if I did anything or whether it was the passage. Or of course simple user error. If it happens again (seems unlikely now) I'll do as suggested and look for errors.