Missing capture images, and video feed in ZM console

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
scooty

Missing capture images, and video feed in ZM console

Post by scooty »

Hi all,

This has happened previously on older ZM versions, and now has happened again (today updated to ZM v1.36.34 on Ubuntu 22 Jammy). Web browser in use is Firefox, on Linux Mint laptop.

After the upgrade, the console was showing the video thumbnails in the Name column, live feeds were working fine when viewed in montage or individually, and reviewing captures worked quite well too. Nice.

But now, an hour or two later, I can't see live feeds or recorded images. Oh...

ZM is still capturing as the event counter is still climbing, and I can browse to the server directory to see the captured images.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to try looking at?

Many thanks, Scott
scooty

Re: Missing capture images, and video feed in ZM console

Post by scooty »

Bizarrely I have just checked again a few hours later, and the little video previews now work, and montage is good, recording playback is always a little touch-and-go, but not too shabby.

I have no idea why it now works. Will check again later to see if it breaks again.

Cheers, Scott
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

TImezone mismatch causing auth to fail.
scooty

Post by scooty »

Ah, thanks!

I did find the server system clock was set to UTC, I have set it now to Europe/London...

Thanks for that.

Cheers, Scott
normwhvp

Post by normwhvp »

I had the "missing images in Zoneminder, especially noticeable in Montage view" symptom. In my case Montage view worked on my Win 10 laptop, but not on my Win 11 desktop.

The real problem turned out to be my SSH client. I use Bitvise for SSH. With the firewall running on the Zoneminder host there needs to be channels defined in Bitvise for SSH use for port forwarding.

I forgot about the extra port forwardings in the SSH client. In Bitvise they get defined on the C2S tab (C2S = Client 2 Server).

Images show up nicely now.