Error creating objects.json

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
lorenjz

Error creating objects.json

Post by lorenjz »

Hello Everyone,

I recently updated to 1.37.63 from 1.36. This issue may not be related to the update but thought that I should mention it. In the midst of some days off on a business trip I noticed that the console wasn't showing as many events as I thought there should be. After viewing the logs I noticed that there were a bunch of entries like this one:

Code: Select all

Error creating /var/cache/zoneminder/events/10/2024-09-13/1254431/objects.json:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/cache/zoneminder/events/10/2024-09-13/1254431/objects.json'
I did check to see if the permissions were set correctly.

This is what the result of checking permissions:

Code: Select all

drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data     0 Sep 24  2023 events
It would seem that the www-data user should be able to write to the Zoneminder directory correct? If the permissions are set correctly what is keeping zoneminder from creating the file?

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
iconnor

Re: Error creating objects.json

Post by iconnor »

Well it says No such file or directory, not Permission Denied, so does the rest of the path exist? Maybe you have a filter deleting events as soon as they are created.

That objects.json is part of the zmeventserver AI stuff. Has no effect on recording.
lorenjz

Post by lorenjz »

@iconnor I think you are right. The network drive I store camera footage on had gotten pretty full. The purge when full filter may have been working overtime. I've moved some data and am waiting to see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Have a good day
MechanicMike

Post by MechanicMike »

Hey lorenjz!

It sounds like you've done a great job checking the permissions, but sometimes it can be a bit tricky to troubleshoot these issues. One thing you might want to look into is whether there are any specific settings within the 1.37.63 update that could be affecting file creation. Double-checking the configuration files related to file creation in Zoneminder might reveal some clues. Have you tried restarting Zoneminder after the update to see if that resolves the problem? Sometimes a simple restart can do wonders. Let me know if these suggestions help at all or if you need further assistance! Have you encountered similar issues with updates before?