Make problems

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
winblowzxp

Make problems

Post by winblowzxp »

I am at the point after I do my configure, and zmconfig.pl, and when I try to make it, I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

proxy:~/zm-1.21.4 # make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/zm-1.21.4'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/zm-1.21.4/src'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include   -g -O2 -MT zm_event.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/zm_event.Tpo" -c -o zm_event.o zm_event.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/zm_event.Tpo" ".deps/zm_event.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/zm_event.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from zm_event.cpp:29:
zm_mpeg.h:31:29: error: ffmpeg/avformat.h: No such file or directory
zm_mpeg.h:41: error: use of enum ‘PixelFormat’ without previous declaration
zm_mpeg.h:42: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘AVOutputFormat’ with no type
zm_mpeg.h:42: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
zm_mpeg.h:43: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘AVFormatContext’ with no type
zm_mpeg.h:43: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
zm_mpeg.h:44: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘AVStream’ with no type
zm_mpeg.h:44: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
zm_mpeg.h:45: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘AVFrame’ with no type
zm_mpeg.h:45: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
zm_mpeg.h:46: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘AVFrame’ with no type
zm_mpeg.h:46: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
zm_mpeg.h:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘uint8_t’ with no type
zm_mpeg.h:47: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
zm_mpeg.h:62: error: ‘uint8_t’ has not been declared
zm_event.cpp: In static member function ‘static void Event::StreamMpeg(int, const char*, int, int, int, int)’:
zm_event.cpp:632: error: no matching function for call to ‘VideoStream::EncodeFrame(JSAMPLE*, int, bool&, unsigned int&)’
zm_mpeg.h:62: note: candidates are: double VideoStream::EncodeFrame(int*, int, bool, unsigned int)
make[2]: *** [zm_event.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/zm-1.21.4/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/zm-1.21.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I am running SuSE 10. As I am not a developer, I really can't figure out what these errors are telling me. Any help would be appreciated.

If I need to, I'll change my distro/version if it works better than what I have now.
cordel

Post by cordel »

What version of ffmpeg do you have installed?

You might consider any one of the disrtos that we offer here with zm already part of them.

Regards,
Corey
winblowzxp

Post by winblowzxp »

I'm running ffmpeg 0.48.4. I got it to install, now I'm trying to figure out how to get all of the php to work.

Also, I'm wondering if I have to create a new directory for each of my monitors. After an event, I get the little 'x' icons where the images should be. i've got netpbm installed, and i have zm pointed to the right place for that. I can do screenshots of all the things that aren't working properly for me, if anyone can help with that.
cordel

Post by cordel »

We need the errors in your logs to really be any help to you. If directories are not being created (as they should by them selfs), then it sounds like you most likely have a permissions problem. You going to have to give us more to go on though. Also this issue is well documented here on the forum should it be the case.

Check all your logs and conduct a search here (As it's the holidays most of us will not be checking in much, my self included).
The logs you want are the zm, messages, apache, and mysql. Most of these should be in /var/log and zm maybe in /tmp (depends on what you set in zmconfig.pl before you built zm, default is /tmp).

You may want too (If you didn't use one to begin with) search the forum for a how too for the Distro Suse. I know there are some floating around here in the forum. Check and see if there might be something you missed.

Regards,
Corey

PS Happy holidays one and all.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
dgsconseil

Post by dgsconseil »

for ffmpeg just add packman source
Type : HTTP
Server : packman.rsync.zmi.at
Path : suse/10.0

then use yast2 and search ffmpeg

then select the three packaghes prefixed with ffmpeg

install