the best hardware for ZoneMinder

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
dmarouane

the best hardware for ZoneMinder

Post by dmarouane »

I want to create my own video server like camtrace… (using Zoneminder).
I would like to know what is the best hardware ( CPU, Motherboard, Hdisk, Ram…) for my project.
I will use 4 Axis IP cameras and I want to access to the recording video from the net.
Thank you
RedFlyer

Post by RedFlyer »

Hi.

Here http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _for_ZM.3F you will find a part of the answer.

Regards,

Oliver
________
RENIX
Last edited by RedFlyer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
microbob

Post by microbob »

I have run 4 cameras on two capture cards (at 5 fps for each camera) on a Intel Celeron 2ghz with 512MB of RAM. This system was plenty fast.

Right now I'm running 6 cameras -- 2 of them are IP cameras, 4 are running off of 2 capture cards, all on a AMD 3000+ with 768MB of RAM. The 4 capture cameras run at 5 fps and the two IP cameras run between 5 and 20 fps. This system is plenty fast.

As long as your system will run Linux (I recommend Fedora Core 5) and you have decent disk space then you should be in good shape.