cannot connect to database after changing passwds and no img

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
dm

cannot connect to database after changing passwds and no img

Post by dm »

Well, I'm switching from motion-3.2.6 after using it for a long time, whilst I like it, it lacks and this software seemed more useful so I installed the live mandrake.

Looks really slick, but here's the caviots...

1) I changed the passwords in mysql for the zm_admin and zm_user to a new password

2) I changed the root password from the default.. (no apparent problems)

3) I don't think I can change the phpmyadmin pw, it seems as if its just guest and the real administration is in webmin (servers module).

4) Now when I run ZM from the web browser it cannot connect to database using password YES. I've seen this before, I don't think I made any type-o's, but I did change the password in mysql to a new password and made all of the password changes.

5) I went into xinetd and stopped/restarted the zm services, and also tried in the browser for ZM and it asked me if I want to stop it or start it, I said start, but it wouldn't allow me, and returned the 'cannot connect to database using password YES' msg again.

6) *** When I was using the default passwords, I could not see any images using 2 PWC Quickcam 4000's and 1 AXIS 206 webcam. I tried everything I could, but could not see the image at all on any of the cameras. It was acting pretty squirrly. The QC 4000 on/off light would blink on and off at a 10-15 second periodicity and I just couldn't connect through ZM to the AXIS, NO image shows up locally at the console. I didn't try this remotely..

7) I installed the most current version of the LIVE CD

8) Also, I applied all of the latest updates for the O.S.

Please help me if you can, thanks in advance notice.. DM
cordel

Post by cordel »

Did you change the password in /etc/zm.conf ?
Did you reload the database (mysqladmin reload)?
phpmyadmin has it's password configured in something like config.php.
Once you get your sql login problem sorted then we can trake down why you have no video.

Regards,
Corey
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

Additional: On mine (Debian) zm.conf is in /usr/local/etc/zm.conf for some reason, so if you can't find it in /etc then try there.

(Your webdir's zm_config.php contains the path to the one it is using if there are two)
dm

I will check this out today..

Post by dm »

Thanks to the both of you.

I am running the Mandrake Live CD ZoneMinder v1.22.2 - hope that helps.

- I reset the password, and restarted mysql (not through webmin) since that failed, but rather through the MCC. That worked. I also noted ZM was in a stopped state so I restarted that as well.

- I'm not clear why my USB QC 4000 CAM GREEN LED's aren't running and I'm not able to see any pictures from the cameras. MY AXIS 206's respond the same way.

Here is my QC Configuration;

Camera 1:

Identification
Vendor: ‎Logitech Inc.

Description: ‎Quickcam Pro 4000

Media class: ‎

Connection
Bus: ‎USB

Bus PCI #: ‎3

PCI device #: ‎2

Vendor ID: ‎1133

Device ID: ‎2226

Misc
Module: ‎pwc

Camera 2:

Identification
Vendor: ‎Logitech Inc.

Description: ‎Quickcam Pro 4000

Media class: ‎

Connection
Bus: ‎USB

Bus PCI #: ‎2

PCI device #: ‎2

Vendor ID: ‎1133

Device ID: ‎2226

Misc
Module: ‎pwc

AXIS WEBCAM at http://192.168.x.x/view/index.shtml -- no port # is specified through
Traverse lookup -- so I know for now it can only probably be viewed locally.

I am also curious, in the zm.conf it states;

# ZoneMinder database hostname or ip address
ZM_DB_HOST=localhost

can I change local host to the WAN or LAN IP Address here?

Thanks .. I'm also quite hopeful to get the Quick cams working and the AXIS CAM Working. I can go directly to the ip of the AXIS mentioned above and see a live image.

Thank you.

DM
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I cant heko with the usb things but to start with you need the right path for your ip cam to work, Id just get that working forst then add additional cams once you get used to zm
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
dm

Post by dm »

jameswilson wrote:I cant heko with the usb things but to start with you need the right path for your ip cam to work, Id just get that working forst then add additional cams once you get used to zm
Thanks for the reply. I set the camera to port 81 and moved it over to another network segment, however, after going into ZM Console and changing it to the IP and the correct port "81" I still get no image within ZM Console.

I do get an image on the camera when I go directly to its IP.

FYI: The camera is set to forward port 81 at the router to the internal LAN IP 192.168.x.x also, so I'm not clear as to why it isn't working.

Thanks..

DM
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

post your monitor settings for this cam paths etc
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
dm

Post by dm »

jameswilson wrote:post your monitor settings for this cam paths etc

I got it working now, duh. I used the second preset and now it works. I must have missed that section. I will probably have to scale it some more.

Now, could someone help me with getting the Quick Cam 4000's working?

Here's where I'm having the difficulties: 1 USB QC 4000 light will turn on and off, it is also set to MONITOR. The other one the light stays on constant, and is set to MONITOR.

I'm in process of switching to different USB ports since there are 6 of them thinking perhaps it is a USB controller intermittent problem. So far so good with the AXIS. I will try a preset with the USB QC 4000's now.. any ideas are most appreciated. At this point I have both GREEN lights on the USB CAMS ON, which is a good sign.

Thanks for your help james.

DM
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

its been aq while since i played with usb cams and apart form driver issues its usually a settings issue for the monitor
first does the usb cam(s) work in xawtx or tvtime
if so the search on here for how to use the zmu command (i think) this will show what your settings should assuming the cam is working with linux. then you can enter the req settings and should be running!
James Wilson

dm

Post by dm »

jameswilson wrote:its been aq while since i played with usb cams and apart form driver issues its usually a settings issue for the monitor
first does the usb cam(s) work in xawtx or tvtime
if so the search on here for how to use the zmu command (i think) this will show what your settings should assuming the cam is working with linux. then you can enter the req settings and should be running!
Hey thanks, sorry for the late reply, no power for over 12 hours now and now up and running. :-)

I will search for zmu command, yes, I believe it has something to do with the specific settings on the qc 4000 itself and needs to be defined somewhere...

I may also have to find myself a 'Powered USB HUB' in order to make it work, however, I do have like 4-6 USB ports, most of them or at least half are 2.0.

I'm gonna go search for my zmu command now, thanks for your help so far so good.. if all else fails I can buy some more network cameras... if thats the case, my question to you ont that issue without a new thread -- ~ are the TREND MICRO Wired Net Cameras any good/work with Zone Minder?

Their cheaper like USD 89$ vs. 169$...

Thanks..
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i dont know, not everyone posts success reports so if anyone has got them working you should be able to use their experience or buy one and we can try to get it to work. All i have ever used with 100% success is axis
James Wilson

dm

Post by dm »

jameswilson wrote:i dont know, not everyone posts success reports so if anyone has got them working you should be able to use their experience or buy one and we can try to get it to work. All i have ever used with 100% success is axis
Ya, thats cool. I think the optics are superior with my 2 AXIS's. I like them. I am a little skeptical of the wireless panasonics although they are pretty slick looking, but wireless in general is problematic, and probably moreso when it comes to cameras and troubleshooting, hence I stay away from those.

I now have 3 cameras up successfully running. 1 USB and 2 AXIS.

Your program works wonderfully so far, so good.

Do I have to implement .htaccess to password protect mydomain.com/zm ?

I thought I saw something about password protection in the documentation, however, I do *believe* that htaccess really needs to be implemented for any kind of security to the web page since it doesn't appear that it is implemented in the LIVE CD ver by default.

I'm also pleased to say, I'm happy with the mandrake release. I've toyed with it some time back and wasn't all that impressed. Overall, I'm most impressed with my FC4, however, I couldn't get your program to work with FC4 and have an identical box running the mandrake live CD with 2 boxes (not something I wanted from a cooling and power consumption standpoint, but, I'll hold out for a stable FC5 release, then just upgrade everything and have my web server, etc all on the same box.. (that may be a bad idea though)..

As the AXIS units have 16M of RAM ea. it seems as if the load is put more on the remote than on the server.

Also, my last issue is the ability to EXPORT all of my video and jpeg's to DVD or to tarballs so I can view them on other computers, etc. I am getting an error message that is pretty forward and it states:

Exporting
Can't open event export list file 'temp/zmFileList.txt'

I'll search for this, on the forums and in the docs, hopefully I can find a solution to what this error means since its pretty important to be able to archive the video motion captures...

Thanks so much for writing the coolest program I've seen ever!

Let me know your thoughts, I know I didn't number them, but thats pretty much all of my issues at this point.. I looked through the logs a little today, but haven't had much time to mess more today..

Ciao..
RedFlyer

Post by RedFlyer »

Hi !

For your export issue, the answer is in the WiKi page.

Here is the extract :

ZMliveCD 1.22.2 and 1.22.2.1 have a permissions issue that prevents event export. The solution is to change ownership of the zm temp directory. "chown apache.apache /var/www/html/zm/temp"

Regards,

Oliver
________
Honda Fes125 Pantheon
Last edited by RedFlyer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Thanks for saying thamks but I didnt actually write it! lol
I assume your thanking Phil for ZM and Ross for the live cd!

Cheers

James
James Wilson

dm

Post by dm »

jameswilson wrote:Thanks for saying thamks but I didnt actually write it! lol
I assume your thanking Phil for ZM and Ross for the live cd!

Cheers

James
Oh your very welcome. I find being polite to others takes people further. I'm thanking you and the authors. I'm quite thankful this application is so wondeful.

BTW: SOLVED the authentication issue. Been pretty tied up earlier and got a bit side tracked. The user authentication issue is resolved, and is merely a checkbox which I had flagged 0ff.

My error, and I now have that working, no need to double-team with htaccess.

Thank all of you ..

We can all learn from one another's mistakes, and when we post the correction it helps even more.

-- Wahoo for the montage!!!