PTZ control config options (inadequate)

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
rakhbari

PTZ control config options (inadequate)

Post by rakhbari »

In the Control Capabilities window I don't see any options to enter the specific URI command for the various camera PTZ movements. For example, my Toshiba IK-WB15A IP camera provides the following API for moving its PTZ controls:

Code: Select all

http://<camera_ip>/api/pantiltapi.cgi?cont_2=<value>[&id=<value>]
The value of cont_2 determines direction of movement as follows: 1 = Pan Left, 2 = Pan Right, 4 = Tilt Up, 8 = Tilt Down, 16 = Center, 32 = Scan, and 64 = Auto Patrol.

I don't see any place in the different tabs of the Control Capabilities dialog box that would allow me to enter a URI or these specific parameters for the different Pan/Tilt/Zoom actions. Is this just an oversight, or this feature hasn't been worked into ZM?

The options I do see are capability flags with ranges as (I think) integers. How does ZM know how to envoke these PTZ actions in the various cameras? :?

Thanks, and once again, ZM is a great utility.

Ramin
:D
cordel

Post by cordel »

You will find this process covered and well discribed in the README under the heading "Camera Control"
http://www.zoneminder.com/fileadmin/dow ... c151468577
rakhbari

Eurika!

Post by rakhbari »

Oh, now I see. My apologies. :oops: I did not read that section very carefully. The "command" text entry box is for the control script, and it's in that control script where all the camera-specific commands are stored.

Thank you! :)

Ramin
srcurtis

Post by srcurtis »

Hi Rakhbari

I was wondering if you ever created the command script for this camera and if so, would you be prepared to share it?

Thanks

Steve
jacomoman

Toshiba control script

Post by jacomoman »

Steve,

I have a version of this script for ZM v1.22.3. I don't see a file upload option here but if you give me your email address I'll send it to you.

Jac
whosbob

IKWB15a

Post by whosbob »

rakhbari, Do you have any more control codes? , or point me in the direction to find them.

Thanks.
SuPrSluG

Re: Toshiba control script

Post by SuPrSluG »

jacomoman wrote:Steve,

I have a version of this script for ZM v1.22.3. I don't see a file upload option here but if you give me your email address I'll send it to you.

I'd much appreciate your script as I can't seem to get this to work. TIA

Jac
dashnak

Post by dashnak »

I would very much appreciate said script as well, as I am unable to get this to work...